Wednesday

The Christmas 2006 Gift Roll!

Gift Cards/Cash!
From what I remember: Mervyn's, AMC, Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, and Islands

CDs!




Every time Alyssa and I hear Beyonce's song "Irreplaceable" in the car, we start singing along, and of course, we look and sound horrible performing it. Now that Alyssa gave me the entire CD, we can look ridiculous performing all her songs. In addition, Alyssa gave me a Damien Rice CD, which she bought mainly for her own enjoyment.

Books!



Every morning on my way to work, I turn the radio dial to KWVE 107.9 to listen to Jon Courson. I connect easily with his style of teaching the Word, so I requested Jon's application commentary of the Old Testament this Christmas. My parents purchased the book for me, and I absolutely love the book.





Clothes!

I am very stingy in regard to clothes shopping. When I admire an article of clothing at a store, I will usually carry the item around the store for a few minutes, and then convince myself to put it back, because I don't really "need" it. On our annual mall trip this year, Alyssa and I stopped at the GAP with our 30% off friends and family coupon. I spotted the Moleskin Pinstripe Blazer, and tried it on. The blazer looked and felt great, so Alyssa quickly snatched the blazer away from me so I could not put it back on the rack. As I began to mentally prepare myself to spend money on a coat I didn't need, the cashier told us our coupon was not valid, and we couldn't get 30% off. I took that info as a sign from God, and declined to purchase the coat. With all that said, Alyssa received a 15% off coupon later, and took another trek to the GAP to buy the coat. Boring story… I know.

GPS!


My family bought a GPS for Alyssa and me. Let me tell you something, GPS is awesome! This system is like a phonebook, Google maps, and a backseat driver combined. It knows exactly where I am, and tells me exactly where to go and what to do. Alyssa and I were so impressed; we decided to give her a name (it talks to us with a female voice). Inspired by Magellan, the maritime explorer, we call our GPS Maggie. The one downside to having Maggie is that I don't rely on my own navigation skills anymore. You are probably saying to yourself, "He's Asian, he doesn't have any driving skills", but you are wrong. I am pretty good at driving and navigating, but every since we started using Maggie, I depend on her to tell me what to do, and not my own spider sense.

Life!
I had a great Christmas with my family and friends, and I'm looking forward to the New Year. I can already foresee 2007 as being much different than 2006, mainly because I will be unemployed. That's right, I'm officially blannouncing (Blog + Announcing) that I am going back to school. Alyssa will be my sugar mama. She will start working staring in January as a speech therapist for Cypress Unified School District, as I go back to CSULB. I am overjoyed by how God provides for Alyssa and me, and how he perfectly arranges all our life transitions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man it has been along time since you blogged. come on man.