Monday

This past Sunday at the Poon's house, the question of the night was, "what was your favorite childhood food?" This question proposed a problem for me. The problem for me is not that I have a difficult time narrowing down my favorite food, but that I love almost every type of food! This, of course, explains a great deal about my childhood. Since many of you don't already know, I was tubby boy. I was sportin' some rolls around the mid-section, if you know what I mean... Oh! You don't know what I mean? Well, when you have an over abundance of insulation around your tummy, the extra thick coat creates a ripple effect in the epidermis of the midsection, hence creating what I like to call, "rolls". In addition, I also liked to have bread rolls with me, incase I went into hunger shock. So I guess when I said "rolls", the word actually implied two meanings. Anyway, this question connected with a conversation I had earlier that day.

Earlier that day, I went out to lunch with the people that attend life group (the "Life Group") as well as some additional people such as Alan (not Aaron) and Jennifer. We all decided to go the Island Grill... wait, actually I decided to go to Island Grill, because everyone else seemed indecisive about where they wanted to go. So, I stepped up and boldly pronounced that cheap tasty Hawaiian/Asian foody goodness is the way to go. Continuing on, we went to Island Grill, found a seating area, ordered food, received food, and began eating. After some conversation, the idea of SPAM was brought up. SPAM, for many people, seems to be a sensitive area. SPAM has a history of being a "poor man's" meal, and just doesn't look very appetizing (especially that meat jelly... Yeah, you know what I'm talking about). This miracle meat may have some downsides, but it is the most delicious meat prism in the world. Think about it, the flavor of bacon combined with the substance of steak… it is truly genius. My argument for SPAM did not seem to resonate very well with much of the crowd. In fact, many Americans are opposed to eating spam entirely without even trying it. This is why I believe SPAM is the great divider of picky and non-picky eaters. Picky eaters will eat based on specific criteria. For example, some people don't like to eat chicken off of the bone, or some people only eat thin crust pizza. But, for those non-picky eaters, they will eat any food, as long as it tastes good. Chicken on the bone? Sure, I love that tasty bird! Pizza anyone? Of course, in fact, just give me the ingredients, and I'll combine them in my belly!

For these reasons, I find it very important, if you are a non-picky eater, to find a restaurant that serves SPAM. This way, whenever you go out on a date, you will be able to find out if your potential life-partner is a picky eater. You may think this is crazy, but you'll thank me some day in the future. And to the person who is not listening to me now, I pity you on all the wasted hours you'll spend deciding where to go eat, driving around to different restaurants because "someone" changed their mind again, returning orders to the kitchen, and dealing with another disappointing meal.

1 comment:

Will said...

OMG. The "roll explanation" is absolutely hysterical. 1-800-double-entendre.

Also, the picky eaters do not know what they are missing! Not only the taste, but also the sounds. How about the "sizzle" when the "jelly" hits the frying pan? Should we even go there?