Thursday

Do you like the new look?  I am partial to dots myself.

Have you ever fallen victim to a spoonerism gone bad?  Spoonerisms occur when some words or sounds switch places.  For example:

Tease my ears ( Ease my tears)
A lack of pies (a pack of lies)
Wave the Sails (Save the Whales)

Typically, our life group starts our meetings by eating some dessert and having fun conversation.  This week differed a little because Heather brought her wedding album to show us.  But after the fun and games, we start into the weekly discussion by talking about our high points and low points of the week, which is aptly named, "Highs and Lows".  Sometimes, I like to create spoonerisms, because I think it makes me look cool, but this spoonerism caught me off guard.  Normally, I don't pre plan spoonerisms, I just let them flow out, but the problems may occur when I don't mentally check for bad spoonerisms.  This spoonerism ended poorly, especially in the context of Life Group.  So, as we all prepared to encounter God, I asked the people, "What are your Lies and Hoes of the week".  Of course, this got a reaction out of the group, but the most surprising part of the night occurred when everybody answered the questions... Just kidding.  We all laughed, but nobody had a serious answer to the question...  

3 comments:

Jamie Stavenger said...

That's hilarious.

Will said...

that is funny.

Kimmie said...

You pre-planned that??