Friday

After work on Thursday, I went to choir practice in preparation for the upcoming series finale at Revolution. Since I left directly from work, I did not have time to change my outfit, which was composed of:

  • A light pair of kakis, which I received from a friend of a friend;
  • A light blue collared shirt from my local Target store, which retails for around $12;
  • A pair of brown shoes, also purchased from Target, which were on sale for $7 (Not to mention they have a lightning bolt shaped scar, which is why I call them the Harry Potter shoes);
  • A brown belt, white undershirt, and an white pair of socks, which I have owned since high school;
  • And finally my glasses, which I have owned since 2000, didn't begin wearing till 2003, and became obsolete in 2004 (I changed the lenses this past year because I figured it would be cheaper than buying new glasses).

Basically, I wore the cheapest work outfit known to man. Now, if you know me well, this fact about me shouldn't surprise you. I do not need clothes like other people need clothes. If truth be told, I would be content (weather conditions permitting) simply living life in a pair of comfy shorts and a pair of sandals. Actually, forget the sandals; my feet sweat so much, they begin to give my sandals a sour smell (this is why I don't wear sandals when I play guitar at church). My wardrobe consists of t-shirts (all of which were given to me by brother, mother, friend, or found), shorts (these I will probably wear to my grave, seeing that the last pair I owned for years, and even though they were wrought with holes, I did not give up on them until Alyssa purposely tore them up [she said it was either her or the shorts, and in true womanly fashion, she attacked her competition!]), work clothes (all of my work clothes I bought a week before I started my job), underwear (Friction Holes), a suit (which is the iron man, meaning that it's good for weddings [my wedding], job interviews [I had to buy a new shirt each time I was called back for another interview, seeing that I only owned one collared shirt at the time], and special occasions), and finally jeans (I only started wearing jeans in 2005 after I saw everyone but me wearing jeans on casual Fridays at work). Also, I own a pair or corduroy pants, but I don't wear them often, for fear that I might relive the time in 1st grade when I jumped off of the jungle gym and did the splits, only to have my mom pick me up early from school because my whitey tighties had been revealed to the whole school (at least I had on a clean pair….I think).

Anyway, at choir practice, a few people made the comment that I looked like Clark Kent, because I was wearing my glasses (this is not new to me, since Alyssa has said this many times before). Now, if you'll notice, nobody ever said that I look like Superman, which of course is an immediate compliment; instead, this comment of looking like Clark could be taken negatively or positively.

Cons to being Clark Kent

Dork!

Must hide powers

Looks silly

Homeless (always changing in phone booth)

Always have to wear super-suit under clothes, even on hot days

In conjunction with above, He has to do twice as much laundry

Has to sew buttons back on every time he rips his shirt off

Pros to being Clark Kent

Smart (good job at big newpaper)

You know you can pick up the car that cut you off and throw it in the sun.

I don't know if I have a lack of fictional character depth, but Clark Kent sucks. I wouldn't mind being Clark if I could also be Superman, but just being Clark Kent has to be a drag. Many of you may argue that I should just be content with the Clark Kent comment, but most of you are probably picturing a Clark that looks like this:




(Since Dean has a little Asain in him, I thought he would be a good match)


On the other hand, MY version of Clark looks more like this:







(This totaly connects to my last blog. I'm starting to create a crazy Lost type "everything happens for a reason" blog)


Well, I hope I have satisfied those people reading this blog with another taste of what goes on in my head. I know this isn't an award winning entry, but I wanna give you something to read before I go on vacation. By the way, I'm sorry for the overabundance of parentheses.







1 comment:

Will said...

Haha. My glasses are old too. I have switched the lenses out with new Rx's twice. I only use them when my eyeballs start to ache (due to wearing and sleeping with the same pair of contacts for over a month at a time).

I must say though that being called Clark Kent is a lot more dignified than being called Weezer. I actually had a co-worker ask me once if I had a pocket protector to match my glasses.